One of the most important duties of being an entrepreneur is to not only understand what you would like to impart to the world through your work, but also to convey that in a way that your audience can easily understand.
In your business marketing, you would also benefit from connecting adequately with your potential clients’ pain points in such a way that builds trust and relatability, showing them that you can put yourself in their shoes and understand how they may be feeling.
Your challenge is to do this in a way that also stays true to you and your unique style and flavour. This can seem like an uphill task.
Truthfully, how many times have you started writing a newsletter or social media post and felt yourself stuck indefinitely on the first word?
It can be so much easier and quicker than that.
Let’s call in the nightingale for some much-needed guidelines on how to go about all of this business of communicating your message clearly in the most effective ways.
Here’s how the nightingale does it and how you can too:
1. Nightingales are known for their beautiful, melodious, rich songs. They are capable of a greater range of sounds than most birds with a greater portion of the brain involved.
Tip: You are capable of producing captivating copy and words that arouse emotions (and we know emotional reactions are what sells). Once you tune into more of your real self, expressing this part of you becomes effortless.
2. Nightingales sing to communicate with each other. In particular, the male nightingales sing to attract the females during the mating season.
Tip: Your unique voice will undoubtedly be what draws in your soulmate clients to you. Don’t be afraid to sing YOUR song.
3. NIghtingales can improvise and adapt their songs to their environment. They also refrain from singing during the nesting season so that they would not also attract predators.
Tip: You can shift the way you relay your message according to your environment through your choice of words and tone. This does not take away from the real, core message itself.
4. Nightingales spend a lot of time practising and honing their singing abilities.
Tip: Learning to express yourself clearer is a skill that can be learned. Don’t be afraid to try and fail and learn new techniques and ways to express yourself and your message.
5. Nightingales use complex vocalisations that are clear and distinct to communicate with each other.
Tip: Pay attention to your choice of words, rhythms and tones as well as non-verbal cues like body language. You communicate through all of you, with our without words.